Monday, November 28, 2011

How much fitness can you lose?

The answer is..a lot!  I have not worked out consistently since my race in September.  I have done a few bike rides..a swim or two and a MAF test..but that is about it.  Today I started the training for reals...and what a rude awakening.  I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes and only covered 2 miles..ouch. I also got on the scale today and weighed in at 219.4.  ouch again. The good news is that I stuck pretty much to the diet guidelines today.  No breads, pastas, rice, fried foods or baked goods.  I do admit that I cheated with breakfast. I got out of the house late and instead of the eggs I planned on I had to drink a myoplex shake and had a greek yogurt.  Otherwise it was a salad with turkey and cheese for lunch and chili with 93% lean hamburger and vegetables for dinner.  I definitely filled myself up on the Chili.  The rest of the week will be slow runs and then a bike ride on Saturday. Just trying to get used to working out everyday again.

Still waiting on insurance to call me as to my lost items.  It was hard to run today without my mp3 player and garmin.  I would also like to get back into a pair of Newtons.  Tomorrow will be two weeks since the break in..not the fastest turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment